At present, due to the outbreak of novel coronavirus COVID-19, there is a strict requirement for practicing social distance at all times. It means only the home inspector is allowed on site and the customers must not attend any kind of inspections.
We must take extreme precautionary measures to conduct a home inspection in San Antonio, Tx. We are taking care of the health and safety of every individual including our inspectors, real estate agents, clients, and anyone in the local communities.
Here are some extra steps of precaution, that'll keep you safe:
- Sanitize all equipment.
- Disinfecting surfaces such as light switches, doorknobs, faucets, etc.
- Avoid personal contact and handshakes.
- Wear gloves upon entering a home.
- Cover your mouth while coughing and sneezing.
Following our preset guidelines will help you to keep people safe during this time.
For Home Inspectors
A home inspection is a requisite of a home purchase. We believe that during the COVID-19 outbreak home inspections can continue by practicing prudent safety precautions.
Also, we need to make sure that the inspection does not conflict with the orders and recommendations of the government.
- Wear disposable shoe covers before entering the home.
- Use hand sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your face during the inspection.
- Do not shake hands with anyone (not even touch elbows or fists bump).
- Thoroughly wash your hand with soap and water after inspecting the kitchen and each bathroom.
- Wipe toilet handles, kitchen & bathroom fixtures with a sanitizing wipe after examining these areas.
- Wipe door knob/handle both from outside and inside as you enter and leave the home.
- It is advisable to carry your own hand sanitizer, towel, shoe covers, and antibacterial soap.
- Reschedule the inspection if you exhibit symptoms of cough, fever, and respiratory illness.
For Real Estate Agents and Buyers
The current situation is very unfavorable for real estate agents and buyers. Buying a new house can be a stressful time and we want to reduce your stress by providing you with the best inspection service possible.
We have some suggestions for agents and buyers to ensure their safety and others:
- First of all, we request you not to attend the inspection. If you are attending, make sure you wear enough safety protection.
- Do not bring others to the inspection including contractors, relatives, and especially children.
- Wash your hand with soap or use hand sanitizer before and after inspection.
- Touch as few things in the home as possible for the seller's safety as well as yours.
- Try to schedule a video chat with your home inspector. It is the best way to involve more people in real-time.
- If possible, reschedule the inspection.
Although we are taking every precaution to maintain our high standard of home inspection service for our clients. We request all the sellers to follow the mentioned suggestions to keep your home as safe as possible.
- Make sure you provide easy access to all the areas that require inspection including things such as water heater, main water supply/drain, AC or heating system, electric panel, and attic.
- Declutter the areas so that our inspector can freely move through the home.
- We try our best not to contaminate anything but it is advisable to sanitize your home before and after the inspection specifically faucet/shower controls, cabinets, and doorknobs, thermostats, light switches, etc.
- Make special arrangements for pets and children.
- Reschedule the inspection if not feeling well.
At present, Our prime goal is to limit our physical contact with any of your personal items to keep you safe. We request you to follow these guidelines during the inspection.
For more information, please contact us at 210-836-7551 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.